Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Fever

April is just around the corner, and with it comes plenty of energy for trying the new. What better way to celebrate the blossoming and blooming than with new endeavors?

This April, I'm gearing up for two writing challenges:

The Poem a Day Challenge, hosted by Writer's Digest blogger Robert Lee Brewer. A prompt is posted each day in April to fuel your inner poet.

Script Frenzy, the sister challenge to NaNoWriMo and conducted by The Office of Letters and Light, challenges writers to create 100 pages of script during the month of April. Scripts can be for any medium, including television, big screen, theater, comics/graphic novels, whatever!

Two more challenges that sound fun are the A to Z Blogging Challenge, by Arlee Bird at "Tossing it Out," and RePoWriMo, or "Refrigerator Poetry Writing Month," by Rhino Writer.



Speaking of trying new things and warm weather, a new frozen yogurt shop opened in town. I'm lactose intolerant, so fro yo is a boon when I can find it. The shop had a buffet style set up, with multiple flavors and toppings to choose from. They had fresh fruit toppings in addition to your typical sprinkles and cookie bits and whatnot. Perfect for the sweltering hot days to come!

Peach + vanilla with coconut - Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    Every time I try to get myself to do a writing challenge I end up failing it. Turns out I SUCK under pressure. I hope you do tons better and can complete each of them....

    I am feeling the pressure for you! ;)

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! For some writers, having deadlines restricts their muses and inhibits their creative process. But for myself, I find they give me the nudge I need to get work done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...