Friday, April 1, 2011

First Day, Fool's Day

I don't know about you, but I certainly enjoyed today's menu of online April foolery. It's fun to see the creative ways our favorite companies try to play their Fool's Day pranks. My favorites included Google's, Big Fish Games, and Writer's Digest, among plenty of others. (If you missed on any of these, try Googling them!)

Speaking of which, a humorous tweet by yours truly was mentioned in today's Writer's Digest Promptly blog post!



It seems to me a strange coincidence that April represents so many first days for me as far as creative writing endeavors and that the first day of April is Fool's Day. The first tarot card is The Fool, representing, among other interpretations, new beginnings. I've had an excellent first day with Script Frenzy and Poem-a-Day, which gives me great enthusiasm for the rest of the month. Of course, the first few days are always easiest. It's in the dreaded week two when the doldrums begin! But yours truly will do her best to keep her energy levels high.

To celebrate this day of mischief making AND the beginning of National Poetry Month, here's a humorous poem:


"A genuine anteater,"
The pet man told me dad.
Turned out, it was an aunt eater,
And now my uncle's mad!

- by Shel Silverstein

Find and read some of your favorite poets, or try writing one yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

life.in.review: spring 2017

Ah, spring, or as I like to think of it, "BEES, AAGH, SO MANY BEES!" season. . mems .  The weather's been disgustingl...