Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stitch Witch: Project the First - Feeling Stitchy May Stitchalong

I love adding sewing and stitches to my cards, but I've never attempted any real embroidery projects, even though I've always wanted to give it a try. When I found the May Stitchalong on the feeling stitchy blog, I decided to go for it! I printed out the design (by Cate Anevski) and got to work on my first bit of fabric embroidery.

1. Tools - Assemble!


2. Transfer to fabric and add a touch of color.


3. Stitchety-stitchery


4. Make a mess


Fini!
(Tools from my personal stash and from Sublime Stitching.)

(The color tinting process can be found on Aimee Ray's blog, "little dear tracks.")

A bit rough, but it was a lot of fun to complete! You'll notice I added my own text ("BLT - ain't got nothin' on us") and a blob of peanut butter on Mr. Bread there. I definitely learned from the experience - to watch those small spaces, pre-plan colors, and to use fewer strands on those intricate areas. I can't wait to start another one!

The May Stitchalong runs until June 10, so why not give it a try? Check out the blog thread, where you'll find the pattern, great examples of the work by others, and tutorials to help get you started. You may also need an all inclusive embroidery kit with all the necessities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

life.in.review: spring 2017

Ah, spring, or as I like to think of it, "BEES, AAGH, SO MANY BEES!" season. . mems .  The weather's been disgustingl...