Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Sweets: S'mores Pops!

Things are still in progress around here. Some of the coding got all funky during the move. I appreciate your patience as I continue to tidy up the blog.

Blogging works up an appetite! One of my goals this summer was to eat s'mores. Is there anything more classically summer camp? The problem is that I can't exactly make a fire in my living room. Use a microwave you say? Fuggeddaboutit.

Instead, I made up these mini s'mores pops. They're super simple and super satisfying.

Recipe: S'mores Pops

1. Assemble your ingredients: chocolate chips, 'mallows and graham crackers. I'm using dark chocolate chips, but you could use any chocolate you like. If you're using a bar, chopping it up beforehand will help it melt down easily.


2. Smash up the graham crackers and melt the chocolate. I melted my chocolate chips by popping them in the microwave. While they're nuking, you'll want to stir them every 10 seconds or so, just until they've reached gooey-ness.

3. Prep 'mallows. I skewered mine with toothpicks. Popsicle sticks or kabob skewers would work as well, and you may be able to arrange a few of them on one stick if you're feeling ambitious!


4. Smear and sprinkle. Dip 'mallows in chocolate to coat and then sprinkle with the graham cracker crumbs. If you find your chocolate hardening before you're finished, just pop the bowl back in the microwave for a couple of seconds and give it a good stir.

5. The big freeze. I set my sweets on a thin plastic cutting board, but you could also arrange your pops on a sheet of wax paper on a baking sheet. Pop them into the freezer for about an hour or until the chocolate firms up.


6. Enjoy! Caution: These are super addictive, so make plenty. Share the s'mores-y love with friends and family, too! You can store them in the freezer in containers until it's time to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

life.in.review: spring 2017

Ah, spring, or as I like to think of it, "BEES, AAGH, SO MANY BEES!" season. . mems .  The weather's been disgustingl...