Monday, October 24, 2011

Chaotic Countdown

Oh, blog, how I've missed you! And it looks like my book cabinet wasn't the only thing that arrived with a few dings and dents during The Great Move (from Georgia to Chicago). I know a lot of my images are missing and the posts are kind of wonky. Thanks for your patience while I get everything worked out!

But let's talk about the impending event: NaNoWriMo is here once again! If you're not familiar with it, it's a 30-day challenge to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. If you're like me and the first draft is always the hardest part of writing, this challenge is perfect for you. No getting bogged down in details and uncertainties, no agonizing if you'll be the next J.K. Rowling, no more excuses. Just writing! Check the site for details and to sign up.

Right about now, a week before November 1, is when I start slipping into my NaNo-self. She's a sort of fevered, frenzied, squirrel-like version of the Usual Me. Kind of twitchy and prone to startling. I'm sure The Spouse has seen the ominous portents, which include talking only about NaNo, checking the NaNo forums constantly, and other general Gollum-esque qualities. (Must have outlines, Preciooooooous...)

I'm also gearing up for Halloween, which is pretty terrific as far as holidays go. Costumes, bumps in the night, and endless, endless chocolatey, sugary goodness. Stay tuned for pics of decor and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...