Wednesday, November 30, 2011

YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday #107: Best Book of the Month


Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.
  
This week's topic:
What's the best book you read in November?



Oooh, this topic is a toughie! I've "discovered" so many great series this month. So I'm going to cheat and pick more than one Best to break it down by category, I think. It's only fair, after all. *shifty eyes*

Athena's Picks: Best Books Read in November

Best YA: The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
Best Fantasy: Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson
Most Looking Forward to Continuing: Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld

All of these reads are parts of longer series and come highly recommended by yours truly!


SIDE NOTE: Be sure to enter my Holiday Giveaway for some free swag!

10 comments:

  1. THE HUNGER GAMES was really good (looking forward to the movie--I thought it would make a good movie when I was reading it, and so wasn't surprised when I found out Hollywood thought so too!). I enjoyed UGLIES, PRETTIES, and SPECIALS... but... see my RTW article! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, fellow #12DOC participant! I have to agree with you on THE HUNGER GAMES! It's one of those books that I measure so many others up against (which is maybe unfair to the others because HG is just sooooo good).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunger Games *sigh* Best read of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked The Hunger Games. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Colin-la Can't wait to snag more of the Uglies series!

    @Jaime #12DOC rawks

    Check out all the Hunger Games love! HOLLA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, don't throw stones at me if I confess I didn't read The Hunger Games yet, please!
    It's on my e-reader and I promised myself I'll read it before the movie hits the theaters! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Juliana Naw, I totally understand, I feel so behind because I just picked it up this month. And the Uglies series has been out since 2005! I always feel behind on my To Read list. It just. Keeps. Growing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard lots of good stuff about Uglies but haven't read it yet. Haven't read a lot of stuff I want to read, just not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm I like your way of breaking it down into categories (that was also part of my excuse for having more than one book in November :-)) I have, have, have to read Hunger Games. I still did not and I feel like an outsider :-) (that and the fact everybody is saying it is one of the best read of the year!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Angelica The Uglies is great. I'm hoping more people will read it so I can use the in-world jargon more often. And YES if I had two heads, the second one would just spend all her time reading.

    @commutinggirl: It had been on my radar for some time, but I decided I had to read it before the movie came out. You've still got time, no worries!

    ReplyDelete

life.in.review: spring 2017

Ah, spring, or as I like to think of it, "BEES, AAGH, SO MANY BEES!" season. . mems .  The weather's been disgustingl...