Wednesday, December 14, 2011

YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday #109: Santa Baby... Santa Teenager


Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.
This week's topic:
What would be the ideal holiday present
for your main character (or favorite character)?


I love gifts. Giving them, receiving them. I'm certain it's because I'm so curious. I was always the one designated to wrapping presents in my family. Later, after seeing my work, The Spouse's mum also began asking me to wrap presents for her. It's not enough to just wrap them in paper. I have a TECHNIQUE. Plus the finishing touches: ribbon, bows, tags, flourishes. It's about adding flair and mystery to the final product, making the receiver itch to get their hands on it.

Playing the "What Would I Give My Character?" game is a fun one. Just recently I developed a new concept for a main character. I thought I'd consider her for this question.


Current main character: Jack

In short, Jack is a part time messenger/errand girl for a shadow organization. She's a no-nonsense kind of person, and would want something practical and useful. Jack would love to get a great backpack.

I've gone through a lot of backpacks. High school, college, grad school, my internship, traveling to conventions and through Europe, and then Asia. These are, hands down, THE BEST backpacks. EVER. I've been meaning to do a review for these backpacks for awhile, I love them so much. They're made for the female figure, are super durable, and are gorgeous to boot. They have tons of storage space and distribute weight evenly. I've loaded mine with tons of groceries, a laptop, books, and more and it still felt comfortable. BONUS: The lining is a pretty print, nothing like the outside.

With this, Jack could store all of her gear and keep on the move.

I can't wait to read some other responses to this question! Do you love gift giving/receiving?

8 comments:

  1. ...I want it. It's beautiful!!!!

    Ahem.

    Great choice :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually want one of these backpacks now (even though I currently have little use for one) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Miss Cole: Yeees, you want it! And it comes in many colors and different sizes. (This message not endorsed by Dakine, I swears)

    @Susan: This is actually the one I have, love the Tartan pattern!

    @Jaime: Backpacks are always handy! They're good for emergencies, like keeping a first aid kit and emergency radio stashed for quick evacs, or for taking on planes. Then you don't have to be one of those ridiculous people with ridiculous carry ons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love giving gifts. I do like receiving, but I'm more happy giving them out.
    Nice answer. We can really see her personality in your answer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know where I'm getting my next backpack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great name for a female protagonist:) Like the blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Juliana: She does have lots of personality! ;)

    @Yael: For certain, you won't be sorry!

    @Mark: Thanks! I actually have quite a fondness for unisex and cross-gender names.

    ReplyDelete

life.in.review: spring 2017

Ah, spring, or as I like to think of it, "BEES, AAGH, SO MANY BEES!" season. . mems .  The weather's been disgustingl...