Wednesday, January 11, 2012

YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday #113: What's in a Name?


Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.


This week's topic:
What would you choose to be your pseudonym?


Pseudonyms are kind of like grown-up nicknames, doncha think?

Writer's Digest has a fun article on this. I used it as inspiration to come up with some possible ideas for my list:

  • The names of characters from some of my favorite books
  • Names of people I admire
  • The last names of two favorite athletes
  • Favorite television shows
  • My superhero name based on a tangible skill that I have
  • The name of a character from a movie I love
  • My name garbled around (a la TOM RIDDLE)
  • The names of some of my pets
Okay, so how about these...

Alice Aching
Amelia Marie
Son Brees
Star Bones
Lady Napp
Sophie Hatter
Ocean Hartfan
Napoleon(a) Toast

Oooh, Ocean Hartfan. So dramatic. Me likey. (Tom Riddle had the right idea.)

And then there's the complex "middle name + the street grew up on" formula, which for me =

Rose Garden

Wow, that's just... I don't even...

Happy #YAWednesday, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. middle name + the street grew up on = Haygert Riachuelo HAHAHA Not cool for me ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the anagram thing with my name, and it's not that bad. I might use it if I need to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites are Lady Napp and Sophie Hatter.

    "Rose Garden" reminds me of "Daisy Meadows." (She writes a series of children's books called "Rainbow magic" which my seven-year-old niece loves.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should go with Star Bones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Sophie Hatter.
    Yay for Drew Brees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your actual name, BTW. You should definitely go with 'Star Bones' if you ever end up on the Psychic Network. I used a Hobbit Name Generator and came up with: Menegilda Puddifoot and Pandora Grubb. Sweet.

    P.S. I like your Wordle header at the top of your blog -- very nice =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amelia Marie is my favorite of those options. Very french of you.

    I think it's hard to chose a pseudonym.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Napoleon Toast would be quite unique :-)
    You´ve got some pretty funny ones there...

    ReplyDelete

life.in.review: spring 2017

Ah, spring, or as I like to think of it, "BEES, AAGH, SO MANY BEES!" season. . mems .  The weather's been disgustingl...