Monday, January 23, 2012

the year of the dragon

Today marks the beginning of the Chinese (or Lunar) New Year. If I were at home, I'd be helping my mom prepare a big family dinner of hot rice cake soup, noodles, and plenty of side dishes. In Korea, my grandmother will be visiting the temple and offering up prayers for a good year.

To celebrate the arrival of the Year of the Dragon, I thought I would share a few of my photos from South Korea.

sunrise over the bay near my grandmother's house

a busy market intersection

a bamboo forest and a view of the bay

This is the Year of the Dragon, which means it's going to be full of luck. In particular, it is the Year of the Water Dragon, which has connotations of wisdom and flexibility. So go with the flow and good things are bound to come your way.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

life.in.review: spring 2017

Ah, spring, or as I like to think of it, "BEES, AAGH, SO MANY BEES!" season. . mems .  The weather's been disgustingl...