Friday, April 6, 2012

foto friday: spring & star wars




1. The spring weather has been really great here in Chicago. Check out this amazing flower growing in my garden! I wish I could say I nurtured it from a tiny seed, but it just grew there all on its own. I wonder if any others will show up.

2. I found this pretty box of  Lilly Pulitzer Limited Edition Barnum Animal Crackers in my grocery store. Lilly Pulitzer & Barnum are teaming up to support Operation Smile, a charity that works to provide free reconstructive surgery for children suffering from facial deformities. Check out the website to read more. I think these would look great in an Easter basket. The colors and design are gorgeous. (Of course, it's Lilly Pulitzer!) Apparently there are six different kinds of prints. I'd like to buy the others if I see them.

3. Cinnamon Toast Crunch had free Star Wars pens inside! I reeeally wanted the R2-D2 pen, so for weeks we ate a lot of this cereal. (Thank you, SpouseBot, for helping me during this difficult time.) I was afraid the special would be over before I found one. It took four boxes but I finally got the pen I wanted! I was so happy~ (I am an easily pleased person.) I also have two Anakan and a Darth Maul.

I hope all of you are having a good week so far.

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious of two things here: 1) That tulip. We go dumped on yesterday with snow. Boo. 2) That R2D2 pen. Way cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Hang in there, Jaime!
    2. I wanted to try and collect the others but they seem to no longer be selling these. (;_;)

    ReplyDelete

life.in.review: spring 2017

Ah, spring, or as I like to think of it, "BEES, AAGH, SO MANY BEES!" season. . mems .  The weather's been disgustingl...