Sunday, May 20, 2012

small successes

Last December, I shared some exciting news: That one of my short stories was awarded an Honorable Mention in the Writer's Digest Competition.

I was so excited when this came in the mail! Short stories are how I first developed my passion for writing, so it was great to have one of mine chosen for an award by one of my favorite writing resources.

The writing life can be tough, so small victories are super important. It's easy to focus on how far we need to go and where we still need improvement, but looking back on achievements can bolster resolve and strengthen our confidence.

2 comments:

  1. That's super exciting! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations--unless I am mistaken, that was a very competitive contest! And yes, what writer doesn't need a confidence boost now and then? ;)

    ReplyDelete

life.in.review: spring 2017

Ah, spring, or as I like to think of it, "BEES, AAGH, SO MANY BEES!" season. . mems .  The weather's been disgustingl...