Thursday, June 7, 2012

beta reads + summer reads

I love summer. It's always been my favorite season. Trips to the beach, wearing swishy skirts and sandals, going on vacation. And reading! Seeing #SummerReading trending on my Twitter feed is all kinds of happy making.

My summer is going to be super busy, and I've got to make sure it all gets done. I spent this morning planning out my goals for this sunny season.

Writing wise, I've formed my first teeny group of beta readers (eek!) and I sent them a WIP (double eek!). It was nervous making, but the feedback I receive is going to be so helpful. Plus, knowing that I have to send the group a work with enough time to have them read it and critique it before I get to edit it, all before a deadline, is seriously going to keep my writing schedule on track.

Reading wise, I realized yesterday I've managed to start about 10 different book series. Ridiculousness! So this summer I'm resolving to finish/catch up on all these different series. Especially the ones that are already fully published!

I'm also going to be moving 700+ miles. (Triple eek!)

If you're on Twitter, check out the #SummerReading hashtag. I've seen lots of my favorite authors and celebs tweeting their recommendations and helping promote the trend. Have you spotted any on your feed?

1 comment:

  1. I still have yet to find some beta readers. I think it's a great way of staying on track, and sticking to your writing goals.

    I'm in the same boat as you with all of the series that I've started but haven't finished. I think that's kind of a goal of mine this summer too. :)

    ReplyDelete

life.in.review: spring 2017

Ah, spring, or as I like to think of it, "BEES, AAGH, SO MANY BEES!" season. . mems .  The weather's been disgustingl...