Saturday, June 23, 2012

(writing) life interrupted

So Spousebot is off to Virginia next week. He'll be there until November. I, in the meantime, will be here in Great Lakes until August, at which point they're shipping me to our new duty station... in Hawaii!

It's hard to put my current mind frame into words. Nervous about the move. Excited about the station. Anxious about finding and setting up housing/shipping. Sad about being separated for months.

Needless to say, right now I'm focusing on preparing the house and spending as much time with the Spousebot as I can. Blogging is going to be intermittent, especially once the move gets underway. It can take months for household shipments to arrive. I won't have a car or permanent furniture, let alone an internet provider and router, for awhile, so I can't say for certain when I'll be able to get back into a steady routine.

As for writing, I'm going to do my best to keep meeting my self-set goals. So thankful for things like public wi-fi and laptops right now!

The hard part is keeping in the mindset that, even when life gets crazy, I want to keep making time for writing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Hawaii!!!! How beautiful! I hope the move goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...