Thursday, July 19, 2012

inside a library book

I get a lot of my books from Better World Books, and sometimes they'll send me a former library book.

I love it when this happens. When I pick up a used book, I can't help but daydream about its former handlers. Did they enjoy the book? Did it keep them company during a bus ride? Did they stay up late to finish it, wide-eyed and nose deep?

Sometimes I get little gems, like Scooby-Doo clues, about previous readers.

My latest purchase included a copy of Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys. Here are some little mysteries I found within:


This book hails from Connecticut. Hello, New England!

A ye olde stampe papere!
This book likely came after the library went
digital with checkouts, so they never used it.

Someone cut a corner!
Did they want a sliver of the pretty purple paper?

A library receipt from 2008, revealing the other selections
this patron chose that day. The date for AB is different. A renewal?

They're like stories within stories.

Have you ever found a gem inside something used?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...