Friday, September 20, 2013

banned books week 2013



This coming week is Banned Books Week!

Banned Books Week is the national book community's annual celebration of the freedom to read. Hundreds of libraries and bookstores around the country draw attention to the problem of censorship by mounting displays of challenged books and hosting a variety of events. [via http://www.bannedbooksweek.org]





List of 2012's Most Challenged Titles

To participate, I decided to pick a book that I haven't read yet from the list and read it, talk about it, Tweet about it, etc. AS IT SO HAPPENS I picked up a copy of The Kite Runner at the Hawaiian Book Festival and I haven't started it yet. (Fate? I think so.)

For more info
Official Banned Books Week Website
The American Library Association's Banned Books Week Page (download free resources here)


2 comments:

  1. You know, I still haven't read LOOKING FOR ALASKA by John Green and it's on the 2012 Banned List. I think I might have to read that next week. Thanks for the reminder! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I haven't read that one, either! Reading them during Banned Books Week feels so RIGHTEOUS.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...