Wednesday, October 9, 2013

what's up wednesday: october 2013



What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme started by Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk, helping readers & writers touch base with blog friends and let them know what's up.





WHAT I'M READING
      

WHAT I'M WRITING
THE NINTH TEAM | Genre: YA Fantasy | Status: Draft 2. This one is slowly coming together. I have high hopes!

WHAT INSPIRES ME
The Spousebot is home from his six month deployment! Having him around again has given me a burst of energy. Not to mention someone with whom I can discuss plot holes and character development WHETHER HE LIKES IT OR NOT.

WHAT ELSE
Trying to get back on track with my reading habits. Damn you, video games!

7 comments:

  1. Yay to having your husband home! Lol! Mine refuses to discuss writing with me - and it's probably for the better. Have fun writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, videogames have been eating into my time lately as well. I really should be more disciplined....

    Glad to hear your husband is home. Hooray for reunions :D

    Best of luck with your second draft. Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that your hubby is home from his deployment! I can't imagine how great that must be. I regularly complain when mine is away for three weeks at a time, but then I remember there are others dealing with longer separations. It's great that you're able to bounce ideas off of him. That must be very helpful. Also nice to hear that your draft is coming together. That's such a wonderful feeling! Have a great week, Athena! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the distracting nature of video games. It's a lot easier for me to turn off the TV in the need to write than it is for me to turn off FarmVille (and that isn't even a very fun video game).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spousebot! I love that. Nothing beats having a patient listener to toss story ideas to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the raven boys on my to read list but am currently reading the Scorpio races and loving it. Hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha - I'm the same way with my husband. The fact that he is still willing to listen to me ramble about plots, stories, and books is nothing short of amazing. :) I loved THE KITE RUNNER. It's such a powerful story, and very beautifully written. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...